In my quest to be a real potter, I've been trying to work on shapes, handles, textures, etc. I've been trying to not get in a rut of making one made vessel shape, one style of handle, and risk end up feeling like a human machine pumping out the same s*it all the time. That being said, we should probably acknowledge that -despite my efforts to challenge myself with the actual form- I am garbage when it comes to glazing. I don't know what it is, but something about that final stage just loses me. And I know that just like a handle can make or break a mug, so can glazes! And yet I turn into an impatient four year-old every time it's time to glaze and just want it to be over. Let's take a minute to marvel at garbage glazing.

I'm hoping the texture makes up for the lack of creativity in my glazing. That's one thing I've found I really do enjoy: experimenting with textures. I love carving on pieces, making weird designs, adding with stuff that I think maybe looks like coral or an anemone. I guess I should just quite fighting it and realize that while glazing is a weak point for me, textures aren't.
 |
| Here we have some new babies just begging for handles, carving, and coral |
No comments:
Post a Comment